Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Testimony Tuesday

---I would like to set aside Tuesdays as the day we testify to God's work in our lives.  I say we because I have asked women at the River Church to share what God is doing in their lives and families.  These are their stories!  "They defeated him [the accuser] through the blood of the Lamb and the bold word of their witness." Revelations 12:11 (MSG)---

From Kim Beach:

The fall of 1987 was full of change - I had started as a Freshman at the University of Tulsa; my mother was working for a local ministry in Tulsa, my dad had left a full-time pastorate and was working in the private sector. We had moved from the church parsonage into a two-bedroom apartment on the other side of town so my mom could be closer to her work.


It was tough. I carried an 18 hour class load and worked 15-20 hours a week. To say we lived paycheck to paycheck was an understatement! But God was Faithful. He provided for tuition and rent and meals. I was blessed with parents that taught me to be content in any situation and to trust God. We were taken care of and still smiling!

The Thanksgiving holidays were approaching and I was worried for my mom - she loved entertaining. Feeding her family and friends was a big deal to her! Taking food to the large family gathering, giving food to neighbors, holiday pot luck parties. I just couldn’t see where any extras were going to come from.

From as young as I can remember, I was taught to pray the Word of God. It is True. It is the Father’s Heart. It never comes back empty. My mother prayed with me before each day of elementary school. After school, I would play at the church, listening to my dad as he lay across the altar, praying to God.
So I went to God in prayer. I believed His word. I prayed His word.

Daily I prayed: “I was young and now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread,” Psalm 37:25 (NIV).

Lord, please provide us. Let mom be able to enjoy the holidays without worry. Let her provide food for us, for others, for our family.

A Week before Thanksgiving, three separate churches called us. Churches we did not attend. We had not asked for food or help. But THREE churches brought us food. Not just a sack. But BOXES! We filled our pantry, our neighbors pantry, our grandparents pantry! We had turkeys and hams - we gave it away!!

“Give, and you will receive. Your gift will return to you in full--pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, running over, and poured into your lap. The amount you give will determine the amount you get back,” Luke 6:28.”

We had always given to others. Given out of our need. Shared out of our abundance. Used what God had given us to help others. It was a generational legacy - my grandparents had taught it to my parents, my parents had taught it to me. I had heard stories of God’s provision in their lives and knew I could trust God because of their testimony.

But, God desired to show me His word was true. First hand.

One Church. One Food box - I would have been praising God!

But THREE Churches!! Over 9 sacks and boxes of food!!! I was weeping in the kitchen when my mom wondered aloud, why had these churches called? I shared what I had been praying. She laughed in joy! She had made budgetary provision for the holidays and did not know my concern. But she was quick to point out, God wanted to show himself might to ME. That God answered MY prayers!

Maybe the pantry is empty. The bank account in the negative. Your emotional well is dry and you are living simply on the testimony of others.

God wants to show himself mighty to YOU! He longs to be strong for YOU!
2 Chronicles 16:9, “The eyes of the LORD search the whole earth in order to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him,” (NIV).

He is looking for you! He wants to strengthen you! God longs to be Jehovah Jirah, the Lord who Provides, to you today! He is your Jehovah El Shaddi - the Lord is more than enough!

He is Faithful. Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews