Saturday, September 21, 2013

Christ's Example of Obedience

Christ's example to us here on earth was not His works (healing, preaching, teaching, rebuking), it was His obedience to do what the Father told Him to do.  All that He did was the outward display of the Father's heart, but it may not be exactly what He has chosen for us.  Through Him we can see what is possible.

He has chosen for us a life of obedience which leads to a life of sacrificing self, loving others, loving Him.  But depending on each person created, it will look differently.

Christ's fullness is Christ in us.  Not us like Christ.  When He lives in us we will look like Him but it will be us.  He doesn't change who we are. He created us with a unique personality, special gifts and talents for His glory, for His purposes.   When we submit these to Christ and are obedient to Him, He is full in us!

His fullness in me is displayed through my relationship with Mark, my kids, my family, my church.  The physical path is different than Christ's but my spiritual path is the same.  Love God, love others, walk in obedience.  How that physically looks will be different for each person.

I preached last Sunday on a similar topic.  Click Here for the podcast if you are interested.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews