Sunday, September 1, 2013

New Beginnings

Welcome to my little piece of the Internet.   In 2008 I started a family blog (www.durangopalmers.blogspot.com)  to help keep our out of town family up to date on our happenings in our little slice of heaven here in Durango.

As I've written down our milestones, our trials, our joys and our vacations I've also added a lot of things that God has spoken to me. They've accumulated over time!  God recently led me to revisit some of the things He's shared with me over the years and its touched me again what He's done in my life. How He's led me, grown me, challenged me and loved me. And how it continues! 

I want to continue to testify to what God teaches me and so He led me to create a place for the downloads He gives me. I call them downloads because so often I'm meditating on something and all of a sudden I need to grab a pen or my phone and write it down! 

I honestly don't know how others will receive my writing. Sometimes my own insecurity says no one is going to want to read this. But then the Spirit says do it anyway. He will get the glory. And so I will. I will share what He reveals to me in hopes that He gets the glory and lives are changed by the Spirit of the Living God. 

The title of my blog, Growing in Grace, comes from 2 Peter 3:18 which says,"But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be glory both now and forever! Amen!" I love this verse because growing isn't a one time thing!  It's a constant state of movement. Keep on pursuing Him. We can, and will, grow in grace for ourselves and for others.  We can also grow in our knowledge of Him. He has so much to give if we only pursue and receive. 

Which leads me to the address of this blog. Seek first the King. God challenged me with this verse a few years ago. It's Matthew 6:33. It says,"Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things will be added unto you."  He spoke this to me at a time when I was struggling with quiet time with Him. When the busy-ness of life was worrying me, distracting me and bringing me down. He promised me that when I seek Him first He will take care of the rest. And He's made good on that promise over and over again. So I will continue to seek Him first. 

I pray you are blessed and encouraged and that you too, as you seek Him first, grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior. 

Amen! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews