Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Testimony Tuesday

 ---I would like to set aside Tuesdays as the day we testify to God's work in our lives.  I say we because I have asked women at the River Church to share what God is doing in their lives and families.  These are their stories!  "They defeated him [the accuser] through the blood of the Lamb and the bold word of their witness." Revelations 12:11 (MSG)---

One my testimonies is that when I went to God's Creative Presence, I had some experiences that were life changing for me.
thanks, Tamara

Another testimony that was sent to me:
 
My husband, a realtor, got a call out of the blue. This couple, who currently live in Washington state, wanted to move to Durango, and they wanted him to be their realtor.  But that's not the God story.  God's story is how they found my husband.

You see, about three years ago they found the church's website, and the podcasts of the sermons.  They started listening.  They started listening faithfully, every Sunday.  About two years ago, they began to feel led by God to leave Washington and move to Durango.  They knew no one here.  But they were listening to The Lord and began to pray for direction. 

Flash forward to a year ago.  Pastor Mark did a sermon on faithfulness, and he happened to mention my husband.  Mentioned that my husband was an example of living by faith and trusting God in his business.  So this couple knew that there was a believing realtor who attended the church. 

Flash forward to Father's Day.  My husband was one of the men on the panel who were interviewed by Pastor Mark.  My husband mentioned where he worked, so now this couple knew his name and which business he worked for. 

So, the wife called my husband and explained what was going on.  That they had been listening for three years via the Internet.  That they felt like they already knew Pastor Mark and Pastor Steve through their sermons.  That they knew God was calling them to Durango and to The River Church.  They didn't know why, but in faith they found a renter for their home in Washington and began to pack.

Last weekend, my husband had the privilege of showing this couple through the area, looking for a home.  And, today, they found one they love.  We have submitted an offer for it and are believing that God will bring this couple here.  We have no idea what is in store for them, but we know that God has big plans for their time in Durango!  He will move mountains and people across a country to place them where He needs them to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews