Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Testimony Tuesday

---I would like to set aside Tuesdays as the day we testify to God's work in our lives.  I say we because I have asked women at the River Church to share what God is doing in their lives and families.  These are their stories!  "They defeated him [the accuser] through the blood of the Lamb and the bold word of their witness." Revelations 12:11 (MSG)---

For this very first testimony I, Jill, will be bragging on God and His love and provision for this upcoming women's retreat. You know I have retreat on the brain!!

Near the middle of June of this year I had been calling around the area trying to find a place that could house our September retreat. I'd called several places and none had the capacity to do what I felt we needed for this retreat. Finally I found one place and after speaking to the director on the phone and asking questions I felt like this is where we were to go. So I made reservations and felt good that our place was secured several months before the retreat. 

Fast forward to the end of July. A couple ladies from my ministry team and myself visited this camp to plan for decorations and activities. Once we toured the facility (which was lovely!) we really felt like this wasn't what we were supposed to do. The director was so kind and the camp was beautiful but we realized it wasn't quite what we had thought and therefore not quite what we needed. Remember this was the end of July! Only 8ish weeks away from our retreat date! Our speaker was already booked with plane tickets bought. We were invested in those dates. 

After prayer we decided to cancel at this other place and believe that God would take care of the rest. Also remember I had called all the places in this area that do retreats and they either were not adequate, unavailable or too expensive. I had no idea how God was gonna pull this off. But He's in charge! 

One of the ministry ladies called everywhere and even called a place, Camp Kivu, that had never done retreats! Kivu called back and 2 days after canceling our previous registration we were booked at Kivu which is absolutely adequate (and more!), beautiful, available and came in at our budget! Only God could pull that off! 

Ladies, Camp Kivu had decided just 3 days before we called them, that they would start doing retreats. They had never even advertised! The director of the camp said that within those 3 days they had 4 calls requesting retreats. Seriously! God is able my friends! 

He loves us and wants to show us his provision! He has had His hand on details for this retreat and it has blown my mind time and again. He's in the very details! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews