Thursday, October 24, 2013

Throwback Thursday - Maybe

(originally published in 2010)
My goal is God Himself, not joy, nor peace, nor even blessing,
but more of Himself, my God.

Maybe instead of asking God for more patience and kindness and wisdom and humility and the ability to love other people like He does I should be asking Him for more of Him.

Maybe He'd like more than anything to give me patience and kindness and wisdom and humility and the ability to love other people like He does but there's no room for any of that because of...well...me.

Maybe I have too much "me" - the selfish me. Maybe I would have more patience and kindness and wisdom and humility and the ability to love other people like He does if I would deny myself and empty myself of...well...myself. And then ask Him to fill me up again with...well...Him.

Because maybe, just maybe, it's Him who is patient and kind and wise and humble and the ultimate lover of everyone....not me.

Maybe I should stop trying to imitate Christ under my own power and instead let His power, the Holy Spirit, work through me as I deny my selfishness...then I might have all patience, kindness, wisdom, humility and love that I could ever possibly imagine.

Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews