Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Testimony Tuesday -- Take the Plunge!

---I would like to set aside Tuesdays as the day we testify to God's work in our lives.  I say we because I have asked women at the River Church to share what God is doing in their lives and families.  These are their stories!  "They defeated him [the accuser] through the blood of the Lamb and the bold word of their witness." Revelations 12:11 (MSG)---

For the next few weeks I will be sharing a few testimonies from our women's retreat.  These are awesome! 

-------------------

God is love.  He does not condemn me. He wants me to know this love and asks me to give Him all my expectations/needs/desires so that I can experience His peace.  He is there for me.  ALWAYS.  And when I empty my hands of worries - open them to Him to be filled. Any thought that arise contrary to the above are NOT from God.  Know His word, it is His power for my life.

-------------------- 

I'm home again with my church family.  After over 9 years of being away and running from God. 
God asked me: Do you love me? Because I love you with no conditions, no requirements, no judgements.  Just pure love for you my child.
My answer: Yes, I love you Lord.  I'm so scared of what you may ask of me!  And I don't know why I know I don't want to give some things up.
God said: So don't! Just love me!

--------------------

Five years ago my husband and I took a great financial risk.  The risk did not pan out as we thought it would and, long story short, we have had financial problems for the last 3 years.  My faith in my ability to hear from God wavered.  I thought we had been obedient!  Why would we fail so spectacularly if we had heard from God and done what He said?  Today the Lord broke that lie off of me.  I went adventuring!  I did what He said to do!  I may feel like I failed, but I was obedient , so I succeeded.  God has brought me to a place where I can see the next peak because of my "failure".  He is not punishing me! He rejoices in my situation because it's an opportunity to enter into His joy.  The enemy has kept me still for too long by preying on my fear that I can't hear from God.  No more.  I am His child.  I know His voice.  I will hear and obey.

--------------------

I have really been struggling and wanting to change so my in my life.  I wanted to come this weekend but could not afford it.  Jen asked and I told her the truth.  I am barely affording food and bills and gas.  Through Jen and others, I am here.  It has been hard for me to be the recipient of help after years of being the giver.  He so loves me.  Unasked and yet He gave me the desire o fmy heart.  I continue to strive to seek and keep Him first.  Thank you for this chance to find my new path with You!

----------------------

This weekend God has opened up my heart with many different things; trusting, speaking through Paige to explain certain points that I have never thought of before, showing me He does care and isn't just passing me by.  He has shown me that I can find joy through pain, sorrows and struggles in life not just through the happy, successful times.  I was also blessed with a great group of ladies that could relate, they listened, and also expanded on awesome points Paige made when speaking.   I needed this weekend to show me that I need to take the plunge whether it be 1,2,3 or 4.  Always needing to expand my faith and be obedient.  Very happy I came to feel God's presence.  Thankful for everyone who put this together and prayed for all of us ladies.  Thank you Jesus!

--------------------- 

My life with Him has been an adventure of His continued faithfulness.  Yet, in this current season I find myself feeling like I am adrift.  Yet others see Him guiding my way.  He made the way for me to return to school full-time and work full-time.  I just don't want to miss His will and His path again.  So, I am cautious and afraid to believe that this desire I have is His desire.  Yet, He is ever faithful.  Moment by moment, and I am taking Him at His word.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews