Saturday, October 26, 2013

It's easier to not

I was getting ready to head to a prayer meeting for an upcoming event last week and was thinking about how tired I was feeling at the time and how it would be easier to just not go. I knew I didn't have a choice - I needed to go - but the thought crossed my mind.

On the way there, a woman I was riding with was telling me how she's been battling a terrible migraine all afternoon and she almost didn't come but in the end she felt like she really needed to be there. It would've been easier to not come. 

How often do we give in to the temptation to not...just because it's easier? 

I'll tell you a few things that I've found would be easier to not...

It would be easier to not get up early and spend time with The Lord in His Word. 

It would be easier to not get up and punish my child when I hear or see them doing something specifically needing punishment. 

It would be easier to not plan meals, go grocery shopping and make homemade dinners. 

It would be easier to not keep my mouth shut when I want to argue to with my husband and tell him I'm right. 

It would be easier to not stop and pray when I hear about a need. 

It would be easier to not keep up on laundry and house cleaning throughout an already busy week. 

It would be easier to not confront people and work out problems. 

It would be easier to not be uncomfortable. 

But in the end....if I always did the easy thing, I would end up with a chaotic world and miss out on important relationships. Including one with my Savior. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews