Saturday, October 5, 2013

But a breath...

The past couple weeks have reminded me that my life is but a breath here on earth.  The length of my life is not something I can control. Yes I can influence that by healthy, wise living but in the end, I do not hold my days in my hands. He does. 

Sometimes I'm totally okay with that. And sometimes fear creeps in and I'm not. Just in the past month I've read of floods, bombings, rock slides, cancer, car accidents, illnesses....it can be very overwhelming and scary. Both for myself and for my loved ones. 

When I start to feel like what's the point I have to go back to my faith, my relationship with the Purpose Giver. He created me. He gave me breath. He knows the number of my days. He holds my life in His hands.  Every breath I take and every beat of my heart is a gift from Him. 

Do I trust Him with it? 

Yes. Ultimately I do. 

No guilt in life, no fear in death. 
This is the power of Christ in me. 
From life's first cry to final breath. Jesus commands my destiny. 

No matter what may come, He will sustain me and care for me and my loved ones. It may not go how I have planned but He is good. He never changes. My circumstances might, but He never will. My rock. My fortress. My God in Whom I trust. 

He's given me an eternal hope which far surpasses what this world has to offer. Because He's given me this hope and breath, I have to share. Share the good news that this isn't just for me. It's for you. 

Life eternal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews