Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Testimony Tuesday - Take the Plunge!

---I would like to set aside Tuesdays as the day we testify to God's work in our lives.  I say we because I have asked women at the River Church to share what God is doing in their lives and families.  These are their stories!  "They defeated him [the accuser] through the blood of the Lamb and the bold word of their witness." Revelations 12:11 (MSG)---

For the next few weeks I will be sharing a few testimonies from our women's retreat.  These are awesome!

----------------------

God has challenged me to step out, but not just me, my whole family to take the plunge of obedience in the things He has called us to do.  It is time to take the plunge in every area of my life.

--------------------

This is very basic, but I found one thing profound "There is more and Jesus is the key".  It has been truly eye opening for me being on this trip.  One thing resonated with me.  Jesus said nothing about Peter's sin.  Huge!  For a while I had focused so much on my short comings and failures.  Being judgmental, fearful etc... That it had almost made me feel unworthy of God's affections.  But I realized I've been so deceived.  God knows just how sinful we are and nothing can separate us from His love!  So much revelation came from something so simple.  It was beautiful.  I knew, but I forgot just how swift God's love and redemption truly is.  "Jesus had nothing to say about his sin because his sin didn't matter"

--------------------

This weekend has been such a blessing!!  I realized that Jesus doesn't need anything from me.  All He wants is me.  If I am going to take the plunge 1st I need to trust that He wants the best for me, 2nd Have faith and tell Him what I need, 3rd don't take my eyes off Jesus.  He will provide the ability, abundance, meaning and might that I need, at the right time for His plan to be fulfilled.  Alos, I need to get off my "jean sitter" and move.  Praise you Lord!! I love you and You love me! Amen!

-------------------

This weekend I needed to be vulnerable.  I needed to see God in the relationships I had with other women.  I wanted to hear about other battles and storms my sisters were walking in.  God have me a group of courageous warriors who were authentic to me about their circumstances.  Holy Spirit was present in our small group discussions.  He revealed Himself to me in the voices of my sisters who were honest about their wounds and their hurt.  He healed us, He met us here and He built our faith and praise.

--------------------

My idea of perfect is not the same as God's idea of perfect in my life. I don't know what I want. I am allowed to try new things and "fail".  My dreams are not a waste of time.  It's okay to change my mind. It's okay to be me because I'm not broken. But there's hope that I can be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews