Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Testimony Tuesday - Your passion and calling


The things you are passionate about are not random, they are your calling.
. Fabienne Fredrickson

Someone posted this on Facebook a little while ago. It really put in words some things that have been going on in my life over the last 8 months.
I work as a horse trainer and in April of last year I left my trainer job of 7 years and went out on my own. It was a huge step both financially and emotionally. I now needed to make sure I had enough work to help support my family but also to further my career.

So I talked to God about it. One thing that happened was that one day when I stood brushing a horse I thought to myself that I really would like a horse like this (this particular horse is probably one of the highest quality horses Ive ever worked with, really nice high dollar horse) but then the next thought in my head was but what if it would get injured? At that moment I heard a voice (cant say if it was audible or not) say Why would I not bless you? It hit me really hard. Did I not have faith that God would also take care of my horses? It brought me down a new trail of thoughts and prayers. Was I allowed to pray about my job working with horses? I have ridden since I was little and it was always my dream and goal to be a professional trainer. But I dont think I ever really prayed about it much, especially not for God to bless me in it. I only did it because I had fun and loved doing it.

You also need to know that I have many times in my life seen God move mountains in all kind of areas. I have always believed God had a calling on my life that I one day would fulfill which is how I ended up here.  I came to the US to work with troubled teenagers and horses on a Christian boys ranch. There was suppose to be horses but the main thing was to work with the kids. It ended up never happening. I did administration work instead. 

Anyway here I was realizing that God actually wanted to bless me in the work I am doing. WOW! All of a sudden the words I started out with totally made sense. To be a horse trainer is my lifes passion but also my lifes calling. It is what I am supposed to do. And as one of our pastors so well talked about a while back, it is about seeing dry bones come to live one at the time and be intentional in our relationships and we will see people revived.  To be a missionary doesnt only mean to leave your home and country and do something totally foreign (even though I tried that to and am very thankful I did) but it means to do Gods mission wherever he sends you.  And in my case it means to serve him as I train horses and teach people to ride.

I wish I could make you understand what a revelation this was to me. I have ridden and trained horses since I was a kid.  But to realize that this is what God wants me to do with the rest of my life, He is the one that put that passion in my life, and He wants me to use it for his glory. Im blown away.  Now I feel like I can pray for my job, my clients, my future with a whole new level of faith. Now I pray With God instead of To him.

This gives me a different strategy for my future and a feeling of security that is pretty cool!

Blessings!

Daniela Leidy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews