Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Testimony Tuesday - Community

My experience with community and friendship is different then most women’s, at least most women that I know. Not that that is a bad thing; just is what it is.

I grew up in a pretty open and honest home, and my personality is one that I tend to easily make friends. So, as I got older having community and finding people to be vulnerable with was not necessarily hard for me. Where I tended, and honestly can still struggle, is not feeling like I am responsible for the people in my community. I tend to take on their struggles and feel like I need to be their holy spirit, like I need to fix it, and like it is my fault. Lies, to keep me distanced; because really nobody can handle all that pressure - that would be why it is God’s job. I have/am learning to trust God with other people. To just set back and let Him work, some times He uses me in their lives and sometimes I get to just see the miracle and blessing in others lives.

I have gained a group of people that are comfortable and safe to be a mess in and grow. They encourage and support each other and me where they are at. They also show love not just for me but also for my family. It is also a place for Godly advice, encouragement, accountability, and prayer.

Jo Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews