Saturday, February 14, 2015

I Love You, Too

In one of Beth Moore's teachings (I have to give credit where credit is due - I love Beth Moore!) she tells a story (and I'm repeating what I remember of it) of how God was showing His glory to her after a long exhausting trip.  She was on her way home from the airport and in awe of the incredible sunset.  She was worshiping God and giving Him thanks and praise for all He had done at the conference and telling Him how much she loved Him.

And then He stopped her with this verse.

He said you love me because I loved you first.  

He wasn't meaning He didn't love her praise or her thanks or her love, He was just reminding her that it's because of His great love for her that she can love Him back.

I've been so struck by that story.  There are times when I, too, am overwhelmed by my love for God.  It feels like I can't tell Him enough, show Him enough, express just how much He means to me.  And then I'm reminded that essentially I'm saying "I love you, too" because the truth is, He's already said I love you over and over and over.

In every breath I take and beat of my heart.  Every sunrise, sunset, sunshine or rain, laughter with my loved ones and friends, every scripture I read, worship song I sing, every tear I cry, every day I am on this earth - the ultimate gift of His Son.  With all of this and infinitely more He says to me,

"I love you!" 

So I reply back, "I love you, too"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews