Saturday, November 16, 2013

Is God Enough?

I realized the other day where some of my fear is rooted.  It is rooted in the question, in my time of need (financial struggle, illness, death, etc) will God be enough.

Will He be enough if everything in my life falls apart? 

Will He be enough if what I think should happen doesn't?  Or if what I don't think should happen does?

Will He be enough if my heart hurts and my body is tired? 

Will He be enough if I ever hear the worst news I can possibly imagine? 

I don't know.  I mean I don't know that from personal experience with those particular situations. 

What I do know is this.  He's always been enough in every situation in my life this far. 

In every struggle, every heartache, every challenge, in every tear shed, He's been enough.  He's never let me down.  Fear comes in when I think that He won't be enough when something "big" happens. 

The Word says "His grace is sufficient for me.  His power is made perfect in my weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9a

This was written down (under inspiration of the Holy Spirit) by a man who endured lots of "big" things.  Beatings, imprisonment, ship wrecks, persecution and eventually death.  He knew that God's grace was enough.  It was enough for every situation.  He was confident in that.  

The rest of vs 9 says "Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." 

My prayer is that when fear creeps in (it does and it will) my heart will resound with the echo and the confidence of Paul,  "He is (and will be) more than enough!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews