Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Testimony Tuesday

I received this the day after I sent out an email to the women in our church.  The topic was joy.  I asked if I could share this great testimony! 
Hi Jill,

Your message yesterday was just for me!  What's funny was that I had the experience of deciding to choose joy over negativity just before I received your email!  Here's what happened:

The majority of my income comes from the monthly payments I receive acting as the bank for a commercial building I sold.  Unfortunately, the man who bought the building is not the most faithful payer.  Once again, the man didn't pay this month.  He was, in fact, over three weeks late with his payment.  I was starting to fret, worry, even wonder if it was time for me to get a lawyer.  I left the man a rather impassioned phone message.  But as he had never ever bothered to call me in the four years I've been dealing with him, I expected nothing from him.

To help me work out my aggressiveness, I went outside to pull dandelions.  As I worked, I realized that my "salvation" did not come from this man.  I re-ran some verses in my mind about how God would never leave or forsake me, about how He knows everything and has a plan for me.  Then I started praying for the situation; I even prayed for the man and his own personal situation.  I decided that I could confidently leave the whole thing in God's hands and I was covered with His peace.

After an hour I went back inside.  A few minutes later, the phone rang.  It was the man!  Though he still gave me a big run-around concerning why he hadn't paid, etc. etc, he said that the payment had just been sent to the title company to be forwarded to me!

God came through for me and I can only praise The Lord for His intervention!  I chose His joy by committing my situation to Him and in His mercy, he chose to act immediately on my behalf!

Thank You, Lord!

2 comments:

  1. This is so refreshing and what I needed to hear. I am experiencing
    An overwhelming change in my life and feeling soo disoriented and frazzled.
    I have to remind myself God is my Rock and Foundation. Nothing else. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an important reminder for me, and probably for all of us! He is faithful! He knows our needs! He is our provider! The enemy would want us to feel down & depressed, to wonder if God knows the urgency of our need, to have a pity party. God has been teaching me through the past two years to "Let go & let God" and it's given me such freedom and peace.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews