Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Testimony Tuesday - He's in the Details!


From Lynn Deary with her husband, Shawn's, permission.

Our GOD is AMAZING at what HE does!!! So the Friday before Band of Brothers (BOB), my husband, Shawn, had the day off.  After he was done with his quiet time, he asked the LORD what he should do next. He felt an “impression” to go change his oil. (Don’t fret…I am going somewhere with the small details.)
I have been heavily coaxing (let’s face it…heavily nagging) my hubby to attend one of the Band of Brothers Breakfasts that The River puts on…for the better part of TWO YEARS!!! So, I turned to praying that he would go, rather than nagging. Well, he got up (on his own) and went to the B.O.B that Saturday morning. Two guys spoke on serving and giving. 
After the breakfast, “he” decided to go drop off the oil from his oil change yesterday. He went to O’Reilly Auto Parts. As he was dropping the “yucky” oil off…he overheard a lady (who was working there) tell her co-worker that she was REALLY, REALLY hungry, ‘cuz she didn’t have time for breakfast. She specifically said, “I would love a big breakfast burrito…doesn’t Durango Joes sell them”?
Let’s back up a moment… Shawn was encouraged (when leaving the B.O.B) to take a couple of the CJ’s breakfast burritos. He planned on bringing them home for us. Fast forward back to O’Reilly’s… The burritos were sitting in Shawn’s rig. He approached the lady and the guy she was talking to. He said, “Sounds like you’re hungry? I happen to have two breakfast burritos in my SUV. Would you like them?” They were COMPLETELY dumbfounded and asked if they could pay him for them. He replied, “No. They are yours. Enjoy and GOD BLESS you!”
He came home SOOO AMPED up… about the “appointment” GOD provided for him after the B.O.B. As you recall…the message at B.O.B., was on serving and giving. It’s so interesting how GOD immediately opened a door for Shawn to “practice” serving! He said, “As I drove away from O’Reilly’s…I thought to myself, “Why don’t I do that more often??? THAT was sooo FUN to randomly bless someone like that.” ” I told him, “Yeah…it is a TOTAL BLAST! That’s why I LOVE to do it anytime I can!” 
We were chatting about how GOD does what he does… The “impression” to do an oil change, the message on giving and serving at B.O.B, the “needing” to drop the old oil off…etc. etc. If Shawn wouldn’t have gotten up and gone to the B.O.B…he would have missed the opportunity to bless these two people afterwards. On a Saturday morning…he would have still been home in his lounge pants, sipping his coffee with his family. GOD is sooo in the details too… I told Shawn, you know Durango Joes serves CJ’s breakfast burritos. He even knew the kind of burrito that lovely, hungry gal wanted to eat! WHOA!!! THAT’s our GOD for ya!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews