Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Testimony Tuesday

---I would like to set aside Tuesdays as the day we testify to God's work in our lives.  I say we because I have asked women at the River Church to share what God is doing in their lives and families.  These are their stories!  "They defeated him [the accuser] through the blood of the Lamb and the bold word of their witness." Revelations 12:11 (MSG)---

 
NEWS FLASH!!! NEWS FLASH!!! GOD is sooo ROCKIN’ COOL!
Today (Saturday, November 23)…I went to an event commemorating International Survivors of Suicide Day at FLC. I met up with a friend of mine, Jennifer, whom I did my suicide intervention training with. She is a dear sister in the LORD and fellow Riverview parent. Jen Kline and I had made plans to go visit Brian and Jordyn Crow, after the ISS event, in that, today would have be Julie’s 44th Birthday. I shared with Jennifer where I was going after our event. She was visibly touched when I shared about Jordyn being 8 years old, etc. etc. She paused and said, “Hold on a second…I’m getting something from the LORD right now. Give me a minute to work out what HE’s saying.”
Jennifer then began to share with me about a group that she has been involved with for the past 3 ½ years called…Sisters of the Western Slope (SOWS). They are a group of women that share a love and passion for quilting. In a nutshell, this is what they do... Each “sister” creates a small quilt square and turns it into one of the other “sisters”, who is designated as “head quilter” for that project. That person is responsible for turning it into a large, BEAUTIFUL, quilted pillow. It is then presented to someone(s) who is going through or has gone through a tragedy (i.e. hospice patients, Military personnel, terminally ill, those grieving the loss of a loved one, etc. etc.). She shared with me that the group was in the process of disbanding and that she had one pillow left to give out. She said, “The LORD told me to give it to Brian and Jordyn, on this, what would have been Julie’s 44th Birthday.”
I started to cry, she started to cry…and our ISS Day event hadn’t even started yet. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE how GOD does what HE does!!! So, after our event, I went to her house and picked up the BEAUTIFUL pillow, made with love and compassion by 40 area women, who want to “love on hurting people” via their BIG, pillows of LOVE!!! Some of the squares were made with material from as far away as Uganda and the Conga! They send a little card with the pillow that has the signatures of all of the contributing “sisters”. She told me that since I was given the responsibility (and honor) of delivering the pillow…I was considered an “honorary sister”. I got to choose one of the unnamed squares that it a part of every pillow, as “my square” and sign the card. What a humbling moment that was!
So off I went with pillow and homemade cookies in hand…to meet Jen (who had flowers and a stuffed animal in hand) at Brian and Jordyn’s house. I gave them the pillow and shared, in a nutshell, of how this all came about. They were thoroughly touched with the gesture. (See picture below). So in closing, in case you haven’t already heard… GOD is SOOO TOTALLY, ROCKIN’ COOL!!!
Humbly,
Lynn Dearey


For more information on the Sisters of the Western Slope (SOWS)… go to http://sistersofthewesternslope.org

1 comment:

  1. I love hearing how the Lord works and moves! No two encounters with Him are alike, and each one is specially meant for the people involved. How awesome is our God!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews