Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Testimony Tuesday - I trust you Jesus

---I would like to set aside Tuesdays as the day we testify to God's work in our lives.  I say we because I have asked women at the River Church to share what God is doing in their lives and families.  These are their stories!  "They defeated him [the accuser] through the blood of the Lamb and the bold word of their witness." Revelations 12:11 (MSG)---

12/10/13
Dear TRC family,
Here is my testimony for the last 4 weeks. 4 weeks ago today our beloved dog Roxy left this world. It is still unbelievable to have to write those words in conjunction together. Being childless, Roxy was our baby. Ryan gave her to me as a gift early on in our relationship. Roxy saw me through a lot of ups and downs over the last almost 3 years. We adored and cherished this amazing little pup. She brought sunshine and joy to our lives on a daily basis and I thanked God for her everyday.

11-12-13 life as we knew and loved came crashing down around us. I live in the country on a seemingly traffic-less road where the speed limit is 15 mph. She was hit by a car just feet from my drive-way. I can't even begin to tell you about the horror that ensued that night and the days and weeks to follow.

Ryan and I just recently got engaged 2 1/2 months prior to this tragedy after being on our 3rd break-up in 3 years and after being apart for 7 months. This fall, life really started turning around for both of us. God started moving in big ways. Financially, spiritually, relationally and emotionally we had a lot to be thankful for and our relationships with the Lord were growing ever stronger. We see this tragedy as an attack by a threatened enemy. A perfect storm to bring us to our knees. Honestly, for me, it did. I have been in a dark place for the last 4 weeks, unable to find comfort in anything or from anyone. God has felt far away and I have been stuck asking the dangerous question "WHY?"

2 days ago after hitting rock bottom I was reading a book by one of my favorite authors about faith and she said something very simple in regards to activating our faith. She said to say "I trust You Jesus". My days and nights have been haunted by thoughts, imagines and such sorrow that I have felt too helpless to really even utter "Help". Once I started declaring that I trust the Lord, even sometimes just in faith, I have instantly been overcome by peace. I am finally able to pick up my sword and fight back. Over the last 2 days I have said this simple truth countless times and have been comforted every time. This "spiritual healing" is in likeness to physical therapy. I'm not ready to run a marathon, rather just realized that I able able to walk once again, when for weeks, I thought my "legs" would never work again. I need to strengthen my spiritual muscles day by day.

I know that God is turning what the enemy intended for evil to good. He already has. I see life more preciously and the little stuff seems so insignificant now. I rehearse daily the armor of God, and know that I am, as we all are, in a battle. The enemy tried to rough me up, and did a pretty good job for a time. Today, I declare that I will trust the Lord, and I know that Jesus is in the middle of my circumstances and that I am in the midst of His perfect plan. I know He is walking with me and at times carrying me as I carry my pain. I'm ready to hand it over to Him and stop asking "Why". I don't know what my future holds but I do know who holds my future and He will be with me every bit of the way.

I miss my baby girl, but today and here on out I WILL TRUST THE LORD.

Erin Anglin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews