Monday, May 30, 2016

One Small Formula?

By Tawna Wilkinson



Lately, the Lord has been bringing up II Chronicles 7:14 a lot. So I’ve been thinking about it and mulling each phrase over. As I have, some questions have suggested themselves. And, I went on another treasure hunt looking up each phrase. The following is my discovery:

The questions:

     Could this small verse be the formula for affecting real change?

     Does this small formula God laid out really work?

     And if so, why have I not administered it?

The verse:

 “…if my people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.” (II Chronicles 7:14 NKJV)

My discovery:  
   
If My people, who are called by My name...”

    “If My people, who are called out; addressed by My definite and conspicuous position; My      
     individual mark; My honor, authority and character…”

Wow, Lord! Do I, or have I ever realized what this single phrase is stating?

Will humble themselves…”

     “Will bend their knee...subjugate themselves…”

Ouch! Subjugate? Do I really bend my knee?

And pray…”

     “And mediate, arbitrate, adjudicate…intercede…”

The ramifications of this action are bigger than I know. Help me consciously listen to You regarding only what You want me to effectively pray.

And seek My face…”

     “And search out; strive after, by any method, specifically in worship or prayer, My face (the part   
     of Me that turns and goes before)…”

Do I? Will I?

“And turn from their wicked ways…”

     “And turn back, retreat from their bad, evil trodden road; course of life; or mode of action…”

Will I choose to deconstruct the highways I erected, and start bulldozing Your new roads?

Then I will hear from heaven…”

     “Then I will hear (intelligently)…I will give attention from heaven…”

I don't even know how to respond to this phrase.

And will forgive their sin…”

     “And will carry their offense; their habitual sinfulness, its penalty, even them…”

I absolutely have no understanding of the depth of love You have for me, Lord!

And heal their land.”

     “And mend (by stitching); cure their land.”

Wow, even the dirt will be healed.

II Chronicles 7:14, a simple formula, penned and preserved for me to clearly see the way You, Lord God will stretch Your mighty, intervening hand.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews