Monday, May 16, 2016

I Prayed (Part 2)

By Tawna Wilkinson

                                                                 
A few weeks ago, I wrote a very short piece entitled “I Prayed.” It was in regards to the manner in which Jesus operated during His earthly ministry. The way He began, and the way He continued:

I prayed.
Heaven opened.
He descended.
I heard Him speak.
He filled and led Me.
Then I returned in His power. Amen.

Since writing it, and sitting with this truth, another realization has emerged. This wasn’t just the way Jesus operated on earth. This was a poetic and relational dance He had with Father and Holy Spirit.


And while admiring the ease and rhythm of it, He showed me the two most important elements that book-ended their dance:

I knew and believed the love.

And…I glorified His name.

Check it out.

Jesus’ motivation to “dance,” with Father and Holy Spirit, came from the love they shared. Their beautiful, uncomplicated movements were fueled only from Him knowing and believing the love.

With love intact, it was then that Jesus prayed, communing with Father and Spirit. It was then that heaven opened; that Holy Spirit descended on Him marking and sealing Him; that His ears were opened to hear Father speak. And it was then that He received Holy Spirit’s filling, leading and power to “dance.”


All their poetry and rhythmic relationship was released only because Jesus knew and believed the love. And because of that, the remarkable automatically took place: Father, Spirit and Son were glorified.

I knew and believed the love.
I prayed.
Heaven opened.
He descended.
I heard Him speak.
He filled and led Me.
Then, I returned in His power.
And…I glorified His name. Amen.

And because Jesus was the Son of Man…fully human, He not only led the way, but gifted us with this same poetic, relational dance. However, the “steps” remain the same: 

We also, are only to know and believe the love. Then the “dance” will follow. But more importantly, the remarkable will automatically occur: All…Father, Son, Holy Spirit, and we, sons and daughters called by the name of the Most High God, will be glorified. Amen.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews