Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Testimony Tuesday - Women's Retreat Part 5

I can't fix it, but He can.
This weekend i Have opened myself to more relationship that I probably have in .... forever.  No matter how many devastated, ended, or unhealthy relationships I have had, or unhealthy situation I have been in, my heart WILL be redeemed and healed.  It's a good thing He love redeeming because I have a lot of junk to be redeemed from.
-----------------
The more important and special thing to me this weekend was value.  I want to be the hands, the mouth, the feet, the ears, I want to do anything and everything that I can possibly do to be a disciple and show other women that they have value, the way that I have been shown that I have value.  I am special and I bring something special that God has given me, that nobody else can bring the way that I can.
-----------------
I can't say that there was anything "huge" in my life but I have experienced a time of refreshing in the Lord - a time of re-connecting and once again a desire to seek Him more fully, more passionately.  So, even though that my not be big to anyone else, it is big in my life and my walk with the Lord.  Thank you for you words and time of preparation to share with us what God has put on your heart!
-----------------
With the leaves turning and the rain falling, what a beautiful time to do my shedding of the "crusty old girl" and allowing my Heavenly Father to wash me up, drop my dots and re-identify myself to the true woman that He had made me.  I have been reminded of my "true place" in my world of wife, family and work.  Now it's our time to walk it out faithfully.
----------------
My heart's prayer in coming to this retreat was to meet women, new friends of deep faith.  I found many kindred spirits here which was a joy and met a deep need.  I am still ruminating on that part for me of God's particular design and purpose, but I know the Holy Spirit touched me as tears appeared often (but part of that could be that I forgot to bring my hormone replacement pills!) Haha!
-----------------
God set me free from bitterness and anger!
----------------
I have been shown that sorrow is keeping me from receiving all that Jesus has for me and wants me to do.
----------------
God's plan is never wrong...wait on the Lord... Life lessons...for others are thru/can be thru me...all because He love ALL.  It will bring pain and hurt, and joy because He loves us His daughters.
-----------------
It was a revelation to learn that we were created for beauty.  My sin has been believing that I am vain for trying to be pretty.  But it backfired.  Instead of not thinking about it, I obsessed over it and tried too hard: buying clothes, cosmetics, over-exercising, dieting, checking the mirror, checking the scale... Praise God I am free!! Thank you Lord!
-----------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews