Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Testimony Tuesday - Women's Retreat Part 5

We here are so blessed because we are God's children so our eyes/hearts are open to His Spirit and love and promises.  May we yield to His Spirit daily so that we can show this light to our non-Christian friends.  How sad that they don't have His Spirit to show them how really beautiful they are. Let's be bold and reach out to them.
-------------------------
Yahoo Jesus!  Restoring my marriage!  Healing my heart!  Hallelujah!!! Glory!
-------------------------
Wahoo!  Thank you Lord for forgiving me of the sin of fear and failure!  I am so grateful for your love for me!
------------------------
Friday morning the first thing I heard - Jumping off point.  God help me take the plunge
-----------------------
This retreat has blessed me in so many ways.  God has been pulling on my heart then He brought it.  Every single doubt and questions I had for Him have been answered.  Thank you Jill and all of the women who helped put this retreat together.  It has become something I look forward to every year.
----------------------
I had quite a few things revealed to me this weekend.  Things I need to work on.  Things I am doing well.  But when it came time to write one down, my mind would draw a blank.  Until this morning.  While singing to God in the shower, a few lines of one song kept reverberating in my heart.  One word of the verse more than the others.  I sang this.  
      Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree
      BENDING beneath the weight of His love and mercy
It stuck out to me because I keep believing the lie that He wants to change everything about me and my life.  That He wants to break me, when all He really wants is for me to bend beneath His love and mercy.  That He wants to change me quietly.  Get rid of the bad and keep the good.
-----------------------
This weekend marks the start of new God-designed me!
----------------------
ONLY GOD could use a sleeping bag to teach...
I woke up this morning and had a thought... "I'm gonna get up and fix my bed...lay my sleeping bag out smooth, straighten my pillows," I decided.
God questioned me, "Why are you gonna do that?"
My immediate thought was,"So my cabin mates will think I have it all together."
God replied, "Why does it matter what they think? I love you even if it stays in a pile on your bed or even if you leave them in a lump pile in the middle of the floor.  How I feel about YOU is the ONLY thing that matters!"
Me: "Oh God...only You could use my sleeping bag to teach me about my worth."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews