Monday, October 19, 2015

The Power of Encourgament

By Kim Beach
Who doesn't like a surprise party?

Well, evidently I don't. I've been the recipient of two surprise parties in my lifetime and both times I was so determined to stay home that I almost missed my own celebrations.     

Recently some of my dear girlfriends dressed as Pirates - in honor of my favorite movies -  and threw me a Surprise Birthday / Encouragement Party. There was sushi and pirate booty, pirate punch, cannonball meatballs and even a Pirate Ship chocolate cake! The wackiness was great, the laughter healing and I'm so glad they were able to get me to my own party!


Their gifts to me that evening were simple & yet extravagant.

Their time.

Their attention.

Their love.




Then each person took time to share with me either a scripture or word that God had shown them I needed to hear; they shared what I had meant to them in their lives.

It was awesome and humbling. 





This season of our life has been long and hard and weary. There are days that getting dressed is a major victory. These ladies have stood with me, prayed for me and stood in the gap when I could no longer pray at all.

As they shared words like Determined and Listen and scriptures from Psalm 20, a balm was poured over my soul and freshness awakened within me.


New Strength ~ New Peace ~ New Energy!


Everyone needs Encouragement now and then. It doesn't have to be a Pirate Party - a card to your neighbor, an email to a friend, a text to your spouse - those words mean so much.  





Your words of love and truth can bring life and hope to a hurting heart. 







Who needs to your Words of Encouragement?  
Ask the Lord to show you - in the grocery store, in your workplace, at school,
in your own home - who needs to hear words that
bring life!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews