Monday, September 7, 2015

Still

By Kim Beach

Ever just get tired of being here? In this life? In this time and place, filling this space on earth? 

Sometimes I look around at the pain and heartache of this world and I just want to hide. Runaway. Flee.



Senseless death claims a friend's son and another friend's brother. Cancer. A family struggles to find a home. War. Broken relationships. Disease wrecks bodies. Marriages in crisis.  







Young people grapple for identity. Fallen Heroes. People use their hurts as weapons. Slavery claims more captives than ever in human history. Abortion. Children are pawns in a game of "love". They are disposable. Suicide. Loss.






It just hurts too much.  







Hopelessness begins to surround me like a cloud. It wraps around me like a heavy woolen blanket, hot and inescapable. Struggle seems futile as it pulls me into despair.





"Where are you God ?!"





Silence.






"Do you see this mess ?!?"






Darkness







"Do you care?"





Then I hear Him whisper...




And a song fills my heart . . .





His promise is true. . .

"He is near to the brokenhearted and those whose
spirits are crushed,"
Psalm 34:18


And HOPE grows again. . .


No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews