Thursday, August 6, 2015

Beautiful Chaos

      By Kim Beach  

My mind spins in a hundred directions. Nothing new for me. Nothing new for most moms! The extraordinary gift of the female brain is its ability to intake and process numerous pieces of information simultaneously.

It's also a beautiful curse.


Today has added noise - the appliance repair man banging on my disobedient stove; the exterminator spraying for invading spiders; my husband texting his need for clean laundry; my kids formulating a grocery list; and phone calls from doctors and other "important" people wanting a slice of my time.  

To organize these external factors, my mind begins problem solving — how to cook for 8 people without a stove? When can I slip in a load of laundry? How many times have I been to the store in the past three days and forgotten milk? Should I fly to Denver or drive? Did I defrost meat for dinner? Wait, I’m not home for dinner. My in-laws are coming. Will they need dinner?
  
The noise of life quickly becomes waves of distracting static building and washing over me until all peace becomes paralyzing anxiety. What am I going to do with this chaos?



Stop.  Remember.  Worship.


I must get still - discipline myself to quiet my mind. I must remember who God is in my life - My Creator, my Savior, my Healer, my King. I must make my daily activities of being mom - cooking, organizing, problem solving - an act of Worship to Him.  


“Be still my soul and know that He is God,” 
(Psalms 46:10)

Through worship an attitude of gratitude replaces the anxiety, a quiet comes to my spirit and I know the truth that He is God - especially in the chaos. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews