Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Testimony Tuesday - The Tiny Details

Some days it’s in the tiny details!

How do you pick just one thing to give testimony from when there are MONTHS filled with so much. Today I was reminded of the tiny details of our lives and how much Our Father loves us and wants us to Love and Trust Him.

The past few weeks have been truly unique. Learning to listen and respond to God’s voice. Some things are big and important. Others are small and simple like what and when to eat, what way to go home, and the reason for this story - what to wear. In most instances the reason is clear by the end of the day.

It’s February in Durango and warm layers are my norm, Long John's, jeans, layers, boots, etc. I am ALWAYS cold and can curl up in a blanket on a 90* day. This morning, like many of my mornings, the day started with quiet prayers about friends, family and of course wondering what His plan was as well. I get on about the morning and it’s time to pick out what the rest of the world sees me in. A sleeveless tank top with a cardigan is the direction I was sent… really, this is what we are going with?!?! Ok. Fine. Did you [God] remember that it’s winter out there?











Well out the door I went, grabbing a warmer jacket to keep in the car just in case. Can you believe that as the day progressed not only did the jacket never leave my car, but on a walk on the river trail off came my scarf and cardigan? It turned out to be warm, sunny and I was grateful to be in that sleeveless tank top.

Now to the revelation of this simple thing. I was reminded for the umpteenth time; “why are you having trouble trusting me? You know in your head and even deep down in your heart that I will take care of you.” 

Now there was need for a scripture search and this is the one that kept coming to mind along the river trail this warm sunny February day.

Matthew 6:25-34 (NIV)
25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[e]?

28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

All that to be said, I’m learning to trust in the small things. Daily growing and learning to hear Our Fathers voice and how He chooses to reveal Himself in the tiny details of my life. Simple things like “wear a tank top in February” and actually choosing to listen.

Are you willing to learn how He speaks to you and follow even in the tiny details?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews