Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Testimony Tuesday - Women's Retreat Part 3

More testimonies from our women's retreat!
-----------------------------
This weekend I started out picturing my "house".  It was a solid foundation but bare.  I stood in the middle of it with a hammer in one hand and a nail in the other, not sure what to do next.  This weekend was a confirmation of the work that He is already doing in my life.  I am not finished yet, but I feel like I can honestly say that I am finishing out the weekend, side-by-side with the Master Carpenter, nailing the first board into place.
-----------------------------
I am not just a face in the crowd to Jesus!  He sees me specifically!
-----------------------------
This weekend Father took me into the deep water, as the Oceans song speaks.  He led me where my feet failed so that I could experience His power through me!
-----------------------------
He is proud of us, His creations!
-----------------------------
We don't have to understand God completely in order to follow immediately.  For years God has been telling me to invest my time and talents to be part of a church family. As I was walking along the river trail, God's creation opened up to me and this is what He showed me about my fear of investing in people.

I was blessed to see with fresh eyes the oak brush leaves.  There were many leaves all connected to a branch.  Although they were changing colors-in a transformation- they were pliable and supple and fastened to the main source of life, the branch.  The leaves were so diverse in color and they were all similar shape - oak leaves - by they were in such diverse progression of change.  The color patterns were beautiful - individually and collectively the display was overwhelming.  I experienced God's mystery.  We all develop at different rates and we all have different talents and levels of time - yet we each are so vital to display God's beauty, His purpose and pleasure.

This is my beginning to risk sharing my talents and time for God's glory.
--------------------------
God solidified my position in Him and His in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews