Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Testimony Tuesday - Fearfully and Wonderfully Made


For a while I've thought about writing about my testimony. I never figured how it would fit. But God has shown me this may be the time. Forgive any Susan-ness, as I'm typing this late at night.

My multiracial background was once a bane of my existence. The question of "what are you? " usually was met by with a sarcastic remark of "human, yourself? ". Needless to say this was not met with a positive response.

What God had shown me is this quirk was a great gift to me. My multiracial background gave me a racial ambiguity that allowed me to cross barriers that would hinder others and be invisibly visible. So that through me,  He could minister to His people; Invisible to the powers that would deny Him, yet completely visible to those who needed Him. 
 
(This is from Jill.  I talked with Susan on Sunday and she shared with me more about this testimony.  Because of the beautiful woman God created her to be, a woman made up of many different races, she is able to look Japanese to the Japanese, Filipino to the Filipinos, Samoan to the Samoans, etc...  She can be overlooked by those looking to crack down on foreigners evangelizing but she is also accepted and listened to by the same people-group because of her uniqueness.  I thought this was such an awesome story of being all things to all people!) 

In allowing God to use my least liked part me, I was able understand the "purpose and hope" God created me for.  In my weakest, He was truly strongest.

In walking this path with Him I've learned that the quirks He's put into us, shouldn't be a source of shame or embarrassment. But these individual quirks are tiles in a mosaic, that when put together collectively show as a Church, an image of God. Thereby making the fully supernatural, tangible to a lost world.

I hope this made sense.

Have a blessed day,.

Susan Mudry-McDaniel

1 comment:

Total Pageviews