Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Testimony Tuesday - Serving in Missions


From Joanne Reddell:

For years I have wanted to go on a mission trip to deliver Christmas gifts to orphans.  God knew that there was a strong desire in my heart for this type of mission.  In Fall 2010, an announcement was made at church about a 3 day mission to Palomas Mexico to deliver Christmas gifts at Casa de Amor Orphanage.

WOW!  I was so excited!  I signed up right away and traveled with a team of 22 people Dec 10-12, 2010.  I didn't know what to expect so I just trusted God as I stepped out of my comfort zone.  The trip was amazing!  I fell in love with the children and workers at the orphanage and the people of the small town of Palomas.  It was such a joy to serve all of them and I was surprised by how blessed I was by the love and gratitude our team was shown by everyone we met and ministered to.

I was so impacted by this short term mission that I have returned to serve in Palomas Mexico 13 times since that first trip in December 2010!  A few months after my first trip, I knew that God wanted me to become even more involved with the Mexico ministry.  I began to help with various administrative aspects of the ministry like organizing the trips and recruiting team members for each mission.  I've even been the team leader for a few of the trips.

Through my serving with this ministry, I have been blessed in so many ways.  I've met new people, both here and in Mexico, and I've made new friends.  I've been able to use my God-given organizational and administrative gifts.  My Spanish skills have improved.  It's been such a blessing to minister to families who have so little.  Suffice it to say, it's been a joy to serve in this ministry!

1 comment:

  1. Joanne, thanks for sharing, and keep up the great work. Miss you

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews